26 January 2015

Tiny Blooms - # 7 - Red, Pink and Purple Cyclamen



Cyclamen as Cut Flowers

This series of blog posts - called 'Tiny Blooms - are about small arrangements. Small - might be the size of the container or it could be the size of the flowers or the amount of stems in each container. It will also be that the arrangement is minimal both in presentation and that it's quick and easy to do. Apart from that there are no other strict rules - I'm allowing myself a lot of creative freedom!


As my tiny bloom flower I have used yet again some small cyclamen as cut flowers - but this time they are red, pink and purple.

Back in December I bought a whole tray of little pots with lots of cyclamens in bud. I kept them just outside my kitchen door where I could see them through the window while doing the dishes. Over time they happily opened up their beautiful little flowers.

Cyclamen as Cut Flowers


This time I wanted a more romantic feel to my arrangement - but I also wanted a dramatic colour contrast. The flowers have such a strong colours - I felt they needed a little bit of a neutral background. So I picked some clear glass containers and a off-white background to suite the occasion. 

So for this new little project I cut about 45 stems and put them in a collection of nine small clear glass containers. Some are vintage perfume bottles, others apothecary jars and others are little treasures that I have no idea what they were used for.

Cyclamen as Cut Flowers


A very quick and easy arrangement where the flowers last for about a week and if you plant the cyclamen plant in your garden - it will come back year after year.

It would look good on a small table or in a bedroom on a bedside table. The little collection of vases would also look lovely on a small tray on a dining table. 

Here are two previous blog posts featuring Cyclamens. In the first I have used big white flowers in a pot and the other has little white flowers in a small black vase.



Cyclamen as Cut Flowers


Have a Lovely Floral Day!

I'll see you later in the week!

~ xoxo ~

Ingrid 


[Styling and Photography © Ingrid Henningsson for Of Spring and Summer.] 

3 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

I hadn't thought of using cyclamen in vases, they are so small they can get a bit lost in the garden! Will be lovely to admire a few close up. thanks for the idea.

Frances said...

Ingrid, these tiny blooms are so joyeous...I think that they are early Valentine's that no one could resist.

An update on my search for some potted hyacinth plants. Still not for sale in the shops. and it's been much too cold for the farmers market folks to bring their fragile plants outside for the day.

My search will continue! xo

Madelief said...

Never considered cutting them to put in a little vase. It looks beautiful!!

Have a good week!

Madelief x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...