15 February 2013

Flowers and Vintage Flickr Group - Snowdrops



early spring flowers in small vase

Image by kizilod

Snowdrops are rather special as they are one of the first flowers that shows up the garden after a long cold winter. You don't tend to think of it as a cut flower but even the tiniest bunch is a pleasure to bring indoors. 

It is also a bulb that is very easy to grow and will flower year after year. The easiest way to get them established is to plant them "in the green". You buy the bulbs in the spring with the green leaves still attached and plant them straight away. The only thing you need to do after that is that whenever the clumps of flowers become congested you dig up the clump, separate into smaller sections and replant. They might take a while to re-establish and flower again.  

snowdrops

Image by Deirdre at superdewa

Snowdrops

Image by Karen at bitstop

The spirit's foe in man has not been simplicity but sophistication.

Image by Jules at viacreativa

Snowdrops

Image by Loreta at allthebeautifulthings


White on White

Image by me

First Sign of Spring

Image by me

*****
All images are from the group Flower and Vintage that I moderate over on Flickr and all the images link back to Flickr as well as to the photographers blog or website.


*****
I hope you enjoyed the snowdrop images.

Thanks for visiting and I'll see you back here very soon.

xoxo Ingrid



6 comments:

Anna Hanley said...

When I see the first flowers out in the garden, I know that spring is here. Your photos are always wonderful. Anna

Kukkaiselämää said...

Such beautiful pictures! Have a great weekend!

Janneke said...

Yes, of course I enjoyed the snowdrop images. I am looking forward to get some from the garden into the house one of these days.

Lyn said...

I have some in my garden but find it really difficult to photograph them, I need to try and find out how best to do it. I love these images though. Xxx

koralee said...

Love this snowdrops...mine are popping out too. Such a sweet little jar of them...happy day to you.

Annetta Bosakova said...

Those are all beautiful images! Off to finally check that group out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...