This time 'Do-It-Yourself Flower Tips and Inspiration' is all about the lovely flower Freesia.
- When you buy Freesia look for plump buds and make sure at least one flower is open or about to open.
- The flowers open from the bottom of the stems towards the top.
- Not all the buds will open up along the raceme - to stimulate buds further down to open - you can remove some of the smallest buds at the very top of the flower stem. You can easily snip them off with a pair of scissors.
- Also remove any wilted flowers to encourage further flowering.
- Freesia are sensitive to ethylene gas so don't put them near any ripening fruit.
- Freesia comes in many different colours - pure white, lemon, yellow, orange, gold, amber, pale pink, deep pink, lilac, pale purple and purple.
- They last for about 5-7 days.
- Buy some and enjoy their wonderful scent!
Have a Great Floral Day!
I'll see you later in the week with more Do-It-Yourself flowers from 'Of Spring and Summer'.
~ xoxo ~
[Styling and Photography © Ingrid Henningsson for Of Spring and Summer]
[Ribbons by Jane Means.]
You can also find me on:
Pinterest - https://www.pinterest.com/ofspringsummer/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ingrid.henningsson
Instagram - https://instagram.com/ofspringandsummer/