6 July 2014

Florets - Floral Quote - # 71 - by Tricia Guild and Elspeth Thompson




"I cannot imagine living without flowers - the repeated rhythms of buying, conditioning, arranging and re-arranging them has become an integral part of my life. Like many domestic tasks, this can be done quickly and efficiently, without a second thought. But I glean much more satisfaction from lingering over different stages - from selecting the right blooms for the space and the season to choosing the best container to complement their shapes and colours - and I'm certain the extra time and effort shows in the result. Over the years, I've picked up tips on cutting and conditioning flowers from experts in the field and from my own experience, and am delighted to pass on this wisdom."


~ Tricia Guild and Elspeth Thompson  ~


[Tricia Guild OBE: British interior designer, founder and Creative Director of Designers Guild; and author of fifteen books.]
[Elspeth Thompson (1961-2010) British author of fifteen books on gardening, interiors and crafts; and journalist for The Sunday Telegraph, the Guardian and the observer - writing on gardening and interiors.]
[Quote from: Flowers by Tricia Guild.]
[Flower: Two different pink stock flowers.]
[Vase: Turquoise blue vase from charity store.]
[Other props: Pink and white fabric.]
[Styling and photography © Ingrid Henningsson for Of Spring and Summer.]

I'm taking a break from writing Florets. I will be back in mid August again with more wonderful floral quotes.

I will continue writing FLOWERS with Titti and I'll be doing A Bunch for the Weekend most Fridays - over the summer.

Wishing You A Happy Floral Sunday!

xoxo Ingrid

8 comments:

Jarka Panci said...

Good morning. Your fotos again, again, again beautiful. Flowers - it is gorgeous thing.
Days full of sun and flowers for you.
Jarka

Frances said...

Do enjoy your "florets break." You've certainly left us today with a beautiful image and some helpful words.

Something tells me that you will be enjoying lots of flowers every day.

Thank you again for increasing my knowledge and appreciation of all that is floral. xo

Influences nature said...

Hello Ingrid
J'aime beaucoup l'association des deux couleurs : les fleurs et le vase. C'est superbe !
Bon week-end
Nat

Lisa Gordon said...

This is so beautiful, Ingrid.
Enjoy your Florets break, and I'l surely see you when you return.

Diana Studer said...

fabric and vase are a perfect complement to your flowers!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I attended WAFA in Ireland last month and couldn't believe the imaginative arrangements, such talent. Unfortunately I visited during the 3rd or 4th day of the show and many of the flowers were missing or wilted - a shame really.

Madelief said...

A lovely quote and beautiful flowers Ingrid. I can imagine how there smell must be over here ;-)

Madelief x

angie said...

love your beautiful flowers, ingrid!!! angie from germany

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...