20 June 2014

A Bunch for the Weekend - # 11 - Ammi majus




'A Bunch for the Weekend' - this week is a single stem of Ammi majus. I love the white frothy look of Ammi majus - it's similar to cowparsley - but is more delicate and longer lasting. I also like the simplicity and graphic contrast with the black and white Marimekko bowl that I used as a vase.

Obviously it's extremely quick and easy to condition - remove all leaves - as they die more quickly than the flowers - cut the stem at an angle and just long enough for the umbels to rest on the edge of the bowl.

You could also create a more romantic or cottage garden look by putting the flowers in some pretty teacups and arrange them in a group on a table.

Another idea would be to make little arrangement in small jars and line them up in the middle of a dinner table as a central arrangement. Or place them at each table setting for the guests to enjoy. 


Have wonderful Floral Friday!

See you again on Sunday for the weekly floral quote.

xoxo Ingrid

2 comments:

Frances said...

The design of your Marimekko bowl gives a wonderful base for these lovely white flowers. I also thank you for your other suggestions of containers.

May I also tell you how your beautiful garden accents gave additional atmosphere and style to the flowers in your prior post. I always love seeing cornflowers, and it's great to see how they combine so well with other blooms of this season.

Please give your garden bulldog a pat from me. What a treasure!

xo

Lisa Gordon said...

I don't think I've ever seen this flower, Ingrid. It reminds me a bit of babies breath, which is one of my very favorites.

As always, your compositions are the very best.

Have a wonderful weekend! xo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...