1 February 2013

Flowers and Vintage Flickr Group - Muscari



The Connaught Hotel 06/02/09

Image by Ken Marten at hermeticalondon

The floral theme for this week is Muscari or as they are commonly known grape hyacinths. 

Muscari are easy to grow in pots or in a border and works beautifully as a cut flower. You plant the bulb in the autumn and they are some the earliest bulbs to flower in the spring. The bulbs naturalise, easy to look after and will flower year after year.


forced muscari

Image by Constança Cabral at saidosdaconcha


Muscari


Image by Nadine at herz-allerliebst

flowers for...

Image by Ingrid Jansen at woodwoolstool

Untitled

Image by Anna Emilia Laitinen at annaemilia

Grape Hyacinths

Image by Sylvia Houben at cosiness


All images are from the Flickr group Flowers and Vintage that I moderate. There are links back to the photographers Flickr page as well as their blog and/or their web page.


I hope you liked the Muscari images.

Thanks for visiting and I'll see you back here very soon.

xoxo Ingrid

5 comments:

Barbara said...

One of my favorite little spring flowers, I remember my Mom always had them in her garden. Such lovely images.

Sanne said...

Dear Ingrid,

I love the images...

because muscardi are my favourite spring fowers..espacially when they grow in my garden :-)))

Have a nice weekend all the best,
SAnne

Janneke said...

The first image is such a beautiful arrangement!

Frances said...

Thank you, Ingrid, for this little Muscari feast. It will be a little while still before we see them in Central Park, but some florists have already shown us some beauties.

xo

Bare Mtn Farm said...

Such lovely displays of an adorable little spring flower! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...