15 November 2017

Florets - Floral Quote - # 159 - by Hans Blomquist



'Florets - Floral Quote' is a series of blog posts where I feature quotes by authors - mostly well known - but you will also find some obscure ones.

All of them have written one or several books about flowers, green plants, gardening, interior styling or interior design. Many are experts in their field but what is the most important is that they are all passionate about flowers and plants.

I love books and in my ever growing library I look for quotes that I hope will be both inspiring and be useful while arranging flowers or green plants in your home.


"In my opinion, you can't go wrong when bringing any kind of branch, stick or dried grasses into your home as a natural decoration for any setting, and the fact that they will last almost forever is a bonus. In winter, I love to bring in bare branches, large or small, and in spring and summer it is either branches laden with blossoms or lush green leaves. One of my favourites are, of course, olive branches, which still look so beautiful when they have dried out. In autumn, there are many different kinds of berries that look striking and add a splash of colour." 
~ Hans Blomquist ~  



[Hans BlomquistSwedish, Paris based art director, interior stylist, photographer and author of three books.]

[Quote from: In Detail 2014, published by Ryland Peters and Small.]

[Plant: Contorted willow.]

[Styling and Photography © Ingrid Henningsson/Of Spring and Summer.]


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...