1 February 2017

Creative with Flowers - # 32 - In the Pink Zone!


The beautiful tulips just keep coming - and this time it's all about being in the pink zone. It's a very gentle and soft pink - the tulip petals look like they have been stroked with a brush of pink paint.

Pink tulips

This series of blog posts - called 'Creative with Flowers' - are about using flowers in new and creative ways. It could be about how the flowers are combined - maybe in a little bit of an unusual way. It might be the choice of vase - maybe not a vase at all but a container that could be anything from jugs, bottles, jars, tins or teapots - vintage or new it doesn't matter. 

As always my arrangements will be quick and easy - and there will always be lots and lots of colour!

Pink tulips

I had bought the cherry blossoms the day before - but was still thinking about what to combine them with. I thought some pink tulips would be perfect - so the next day I went out to find some. 

I went to my usual flower stall - that is about 5 minutes from my house and asked if they had any pink tulips - as I could not see any. The guy went off for a while and this is what he came back with and I knew I had to have some.


Cherry blossoms can be a bit tricky - the buds and petals can easily fall off if you knock the branches. There is no guarantee that the buds will even open up especially if they are too tight. They are not long lived. They should have two cuts - one at an angle and a second lengthwise up the stem - with a pair of secateurs. Some people also say it's a good idea to put the branches in warm water. That is suppose to help the flowers to open up.


The large main arrangement is in a white vintage jar from Sweden. It's bought at a 'loppis' - the equivalent to the American flea market or the UK car boot sale. 

The very small rag rug in pink and white is also found at a Swedish loppis.

Pink Tulips

As I probably have said many times - I love jars with writing on them and here are two more with partially worn labels - that I think just adds charm and patina.

The large tailor's scissors was passed on to me by my mother. An old pair that she used while I was growing up.


It's still cold, dark and wet here in London - but combinations like these pink tulips and cherry blossoms gives us hope that spring will soon be here. Let's stay in the pink zone until then!  
Pink Tulips

Enjoy your flower arranging and have a fabulous floral Wednesday!

Thanks you for visiting 'Of Spring and Summer'. I will be back on Friday with another 'A Bunch for the Weekend'. I'll see you then.

Ingrid 

~ xoxo ~

[Styling, photography and text © Ingrid Henningsson/Of Spring and Summer.]

P. S. Did you know that you can subscribe to receive a notification via email whenever I have a new blog post. Just fill in your email address at the top of my blog on the right and an email will come right into your inbox.



P. S. If you are looking for more floral inspiration you can go over and have a look at my Pinterest boards. I have just over 200 boards all relating to flowers, floral styling and flower arranging. There are boards on individual flowers and shows how to arrange them. Other boards show different ways of using vases and containers. Simply click on the link below and it will take you straight there.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...