25 April 2016

Tiny Blooms - # 29 - White Double Daffodils



This series of blog posts - called 'Tiny Blooms' - are about small flower arrangements. Small - might be the size of the container or it could be the size of the flowers or the amount of stems. It can also be that the arrangement is minimal both in presentation and that it's simple, quick and easy to do. Apart from that there are no other strict rules - I'm allowing myself a lot of creative freedom!

I know I'm showing daffodils again! 

I just wanted to show you another double daffodils - this time it's a gorgeous white double daffodil or Narcissus 'Erlicheer' as it's also called. 

It's creamy white in colour and is excellent as a cut flower. It doesn't look like a traditional daffodil, with it's usual yellow trumpet, but is fully double so the flower looks ruffled. Some people say it resembles a carnation. As an added bonus it's also strongly scented.

The container I have used is a vintage blue jar. It's from France and was used by French polishers and contained their furniture-polish.

I have just put a few stems in the jar and didn't feel anything else was needed. Of course I have added a few vintage props - a blue painted basket and a blue-green giant glass bottle. As a rule I don't trust old ceramics or pottery - so I put a small dish under the jar just to be on the safe side and avoid any damage to wooden surfaces. The little tealight holder is contemporary.  


Enjoy your flower arranging and have a fabulous and floral Monday!

I'll be be back on Wednesday with more floral delight from Of Spring and Summer.



Ingrid 



~ xoxo ~

For more floral inspiration follow me on:


1 comment:

Diana Studer said...

I do enjoy when you tell us the stories behind your treasures. Imagine - a French polish jar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...