16 March 2016

Creative with Flowers - # 3 - Pink Anemones and Tulips with Eucalyptus Foliage



Mixing a couple of different pinks with grey-green foliage is a great combination to use for a flower arrangement. 


What I have here are deep,dark pink anemones combined with two different pink tulips. I started with building a framework of eucalyptus foliage in quite a large zinc container. The eucalyptus will help to hold the flowers stems in position.


Here is an image of some of the props that I started with. I picked mainly black, a few different grey and a little bit of white.

It's a selection of mostly vases but also some odd, fun little things like black and white dice, vintage black-handled table knives, an empty picture frame and an ornate Victorian metalwork. Some of these objects I used to combine with the floral arrangement others didn't make it. 


The black objects is picking up the black center of the beautiful anemones and is also contrasting well with the pink and the grey foliage. A neutral light grey fabric anchors the arrangement on a dining- or sidetable. 

I kept the foliage quite long and I did the same with the anemones - they almost look like they are hovering or floating above the tulips.


I made a second small arrangement with just a few stems of the anemone - using one of the grey vases. This one I found in a charity store for very little money and I use it all the time.

Below is a close-up of the stunning anemones - not one of the easiest flowers to use - the petals are delicate and bruise very easily and as the flower open up and shed pollen - the pollen will stain the petals. 

So you have to handle the anemones with care - but while they are around grab the opportunity and buy a bunch and use them on their own or combined with other flowers and foliage. 


Enjoy your flower arranging and have a fabulous floral Wednesday!

I'll see you on Friday with another 'Bunch for the Weekend' -some more floral delights from Of Spring and Summer.

Ingrid 

~ xoxo ~

For more floral inspiration follow me on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ingrid.henningsson

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...