17 March 2015

Tiny Blooms - # 11 - Spring Snowflakes - Leucojum


Spring Snowflake-Leucojum


This series of blog posts - called 'Tiny Blooms - are about small flower arrangements. Small - might be the size of the container or it could be the size of the flowers or the amount of stems in each container. It will also be that the arrangement is minimal both in presentation and that it's quick and easy to do. Apart from that there are no other strict rules - I'm allowing myself a lot of creative freedom!


Spring Snowflake-Leucojum

Today I'm featuring a little white flower called Spring Snowflake. The Latin or botanical name for it is Leucojum.

It's often mistaken for a snowdrop but this one has stems that are much taller and all the petals are the same size. 

It grows quite happily in my garden and every spring around this time I cut some to take into the house. They don't last very long - each individual flower only lasts for a few days. 

But the flowers are so charming that it doesn't matter that they last for such a short time.

Spring Snowflake-Leucojum

I didn't use any of the long green sword like leaves so all I had to do was to cut them down to suit the vase.  I chose an almost translucent light green little vase - the flowers are so delicate I just wanted a vase that would blend in.

Put the vase on a mantelpiece or similar - somewhere a little bit higher than a coffee table - so you can enjoy this gorgeous little flower close-up.
   

Spring Snowflake-Leucojum


Have a Lovely Floral Day!

I'll see you later in the week with more flowers from 
'Of Spring and Summer'. 


~ xoxo ~

Ingrid 


[Styling and Photography © Ingrid Henningsson for Of Spring and Summer.]


5 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

J'aime beaucoup ce petit bouquet... Mon atelier n'est malheureusement pas très grand et je réserve toujours une place pour les bouquets.
J'apprécie énormément les petits bouquets que je peux placer facilement.

Les photos que vous nous dévoilez sont magnifiques. Vous êtes très talentueuse.


Gros bisous ❀ ☼ ❀

Janneke said...

These spring snowflakes are so lovely, I also just made a blogpost about them last Saturday. I love natural and easy arrangements. Enjoy your week, I hope you have the same sunny spring weather as we have.
Janneke

Jarka Panci said...

Snowflakes... very nice flowers!
Jarka

Frances said...

Ingrid, I thank you for introducing me to the snowflake...I bet that I've seen them before and didn't know how they differed from snowdrops. I'm going to take a closer look when I'm next over in Central Park. (May have to get down on my hands and knees!)

The little green vase is a complete charmer!

Nice to see this green on St Patrick's Day. xo

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful spring bluebells and what they are beautiful and lovely in that green vase.

With love,
Gerry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...