4 June 2014

FLOWERS by ingrid and titti - Romantic Roses



This week on FLOWERS Titti and I have chosen the theme Romantic Roses. This time of year it will be plenty of roses in flower. Or so we thought but the weather in Sweden has been a bit cold and Titti told me that roses were in short supply in her garden and here in London we have had quite a lot of rain. Cold and rain is not the best conditions for roses. So when I went out in my garden to see what was available - I was met by very sad, soggy and brown edged flowers that was not at all ready for the camera.......! 



In the end I did find a few - like this little beauty called Rosa 'Ferdinand Pichard'. It's a little bit of an unusual rose - no two flowers are ever alike. It's pale pink with crimson stripes and splashes all over the petals and has a wonderful strong and sweet scent.


What I also did find was plenty of peonies and I decided to mix in a few with the roses. I think they are at least as romantic as roses and they didn't seem to have minded the British weather. This one is called Peony 'Sarah Bernhardt' - named after the French stage and screen actress.

As a contrast to all the romantic flowers I have used clear glass laboratory containers, beakers, jars and measuring jugs. All vintage and the clear glass nicely shows off the stems.
    


I found two other roses on my local rounds  - this one called 'Blue Pacific' - it has a light lilac colour but no scent. It's used a lot in bridal bouquets - so it fitted right in with our romantic theme.
  


The last rose is a little white spray rose - it has tinges of green on the edges of some the petals and I think its lovely.

The painting in the background in a lot of the images is by my dear sister-in-law Amy Trachtenberg.





In contrast with the romantic theme I added a few black props - a book with a black cover, three vintage knives with black handles, a black Jane Means ribbon tied around the knives, a small metal tin, some black dice, black and white bakers' twine and a small Marimekko bowl. 
  

This last image is of one of my favourite flowers at the moment - but my favourite changes with every season - this is just common cow parsley. 

Titti over on HWIT BLOGG will also be posting about Romantic Roses so please go over and have a look at what she has done.

Here is a link to all the previous FLOWERS Titti and I have done over the last six months. 

You can also see all the images on my Pinterest.

Have a Wonderful Floral Day!

See you later in the week.

xoxo Ingrid

6 comments:

HWIT BLOGG said...

Härligt Ingrid! Ett vackert och romantiskt tema har du verkligen fått till.
Den där rosen Ferdinand Pichard var en riktig sötnos!
Ha en jättefin dag vännen...
Kram Titti

Janneke said...

So beautiful all these arrangements. The rose Ferdinand Pichard is also one of my favourites, it is unusual but very pretty.

Lisa Gordon said...

I love the peonies and rose together, Ingrid.
So beautiful!

Lenas Trädgårdsrum said...

Woooow så vackra bilder och arrangemang du bjuder på!!
Ha det Gott!

Julie@peoniesandposies.com said...

I always enjoy this post Ingrid and particularly loved taking a look at your garden roses - I am enjoying Ferdinand Pritchard in my own garden this week - what a beautiful rose it is!

Gunsside said...

Så lekkert
Inspirerende og kreativt i alle vaser :)

http://gunssidebollerogbrus.blogspot.no/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...