31 March 2014

Flowers from the Flower Market - # 1 - Anemones




Anemones loosely arranged in a vintage milk bottle

I'm starting a brand new mini series here on Of Spring and Summer - and it's called 'Flowers from the Flower Market'.

It will be featuring a plant or flower that caught my eye at the flower market.

I will show two or three very simple ways of using, arranging or displaying the flowers.



Anemone flower heads floating in water using a blue and white floral bowl


A bunch of Anemones in a Swedish retro tea pot

***

Have a Wonderful Floral Day!

See you later in the week!

xoxo Ingrid

[Styling and photography © Ingrid Henningsson for Of Spring and Summer.]

6 comments:

Tante Mali said...

Hi Dear,
I always love your arrangements. They are full of passion and love!
Have a sunny week
Elisabeth

Lisa Gordon said...

The anemone is one of my very favorite flowers, Ingrid, but I've never had a lot of luck growing them. The gradations in their petals are so very beautiful.

You have inspired me to try to grow them again this year. :-)

Happy day to you! xo.

Unknown said...

really lovely. Anemones are so precious.
xoxo
Elodie

Frances said...

Ingrid, the colors you've selected to show off the beauty of those anemones is perfect. The flowers accent the containers, the containers accent the flowers!

After some early morning snow flurries, we actually saw the sun come out here in New York, and I have a long and pleasant walk around Central Park this afternoon. Daffs not quite in bloom yet, but lots of signs of winter's chill thawing out. I will do a post with the evidence.

xo

Julie@peoniesandposies.com said...

I love your anemone arrangements Ingrid - what a good idea to float the heads in water - I will have to try that. I am looking forward to future posts in this series - you can get such lovely flowers at the markets in London.

Julie x

Diana Studer said...

that teapot is a delight! Love your treasure trove.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...