30 December 2013

FLOWERS by ingrid & titti - White Flowers for the New Year



Hi, Titti and I are back with our second - FLOWERS by ingrid and titti. This time we thought it would be nice to do a table arrangement for New Year's Eve. 


We both agreed that white flowers would be a nice idea after all the bright colours of Christmas. I found some white Hyacinths and some white tulips at my local flower stall. I then added a few long sprigs of dark green rosemary from my garden - a lovely contrast both in colour and texture.

I used two different sizes of vintage apothecary jars and a vintage fish paste jar. The common denominator is that they are all clear glass - that way you can see the lovely flower stems and they will also reflect the candle light. 



The three vases sit on a vintage table mirror - a clever way of making it look like there are twice as many flowers - as well as obviously reflect even more of the candle light. 


Titti and I also wanted to add a second little floral arrangement for the table. I did a mini bouquet to add to the napkin ring. 

I used only foliage plants for the napkin - Buxus or boxwood that has little dark green leaves, as a contrast I used the light green variegated Pittosporum tenuifolia and for a little bit of scent some rosemary - these are all from my garden. I also added some long leaved also dark green Danae racemosa from the flower stall.

I made some napkin rings using a striped ribbon and simply tucked the little bouquet under the ribbon. 

I have also added a little bit of lace tape around the votive candle holders - the candle light looks very pretty through the white lace.      




Here is a link to the first FLOWERS by ingrid and titti - that we did before Christmas.

Here is a link to Titti's blog - HWIT BLOGG - so you can have a look at what floral creations she has come up with.


Have A Wonderful Floral Day!

See you soon!

xoxo Ingrid


[Ribbon from Jane Means.]
[Votive candle holders: Marimekko.] 
[Styling and photography © Ingrid Henningsson for Of Spring and Summer.]


9 comments:

september cottage said...

Good morning Ingrid!

Fresh, elegant & stylish!! Love your idea to place the vases onto a mirror -I often do this with candles and it has never occurred to me to do it with pretty vases! I'd very happily have these on my New Years Eve table...

Have a very HAPPY New Year!!
nicola x

Unknown said...

Hej Ingrid!
Eva heter jag! Så vackert arrangemang du gjort,och min kära vän Titti likaså! Ni är otroligt duktiga! Kul med samarbetet ni startat:)Jag har haft blomsterbutik tidigare och kan sakna denna kreativa biten nått otroligt, men får pyssla hemma istället!

Önskar dig Ett Gott Nytt År
Eva

What's in a day said...

Hi Ingrid, white flowers looks so lovely, the Hyacinths are beautiful!!!

Have a happy New Year.

Warm greetings, Eefie xx

Lenas Trädgårdsrum said...

Vilken härlig inspiration :)Underbart vackert med vita blommor!
Önskar Dig ett Gott Nytt År!

Janneke said...

I like the rosemary between the beautiful white Hyacinths, so nice to start the new year with fresh white flowers.
Wish you a Healthy and Happy New Year!

Lisa Gordon said...

I so love white flowers, and these are really beautiful, Ingrid. On Wednesday, I plant my Paper Whites! :-)

Happy New Year, my friend. xo.

Idemyldring i nr.9 said...

For noen fantastiske blomster og en god ide å sette vaser sammen på denne måten.
Nydelige bildet
Ønsker deg et riktig godt nytt år.

Klem fra Anne Line

cedarmerefarm said...

Hi Ingrid, you are right, white and green are great and refreshing after all the colors of Christmas. Christa

Julie@peoniesandposies.com said...

Beautiful flowers Ingrid - I love the fresh white and green combination for New Year. I also love the link you have made with Titti's blog - I am looking forward to seeing what you two come up with in 2014!

Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...