16 January 2013

Blue Hyacinths - Moodboard



Hyacinths are easy to grow from bulbs and they are also getting easier to buy as cut flowers. As a cut flower they often come with part of the bulb still attached and this is because the flower lasts longer that way.


I love hyacinths and my favourite way to use them are as cut flowers straight in a vase on their own sometimes with a few leaves. I really like that when you buy them part of the flower is still in bud and has not opened yet so you have this multicoloured flower head. 


If you intend to use a vase with a narrow neck you need to cut off the bit of bulb at the bottom - like I have done here. 


I had a blue theme in mind and put a blue moodboard together using various postcards, paint, washi tape, clothes pegs, colour cards, fabric and luggage tags as well as few different containers and my favourite acrylic spoons.


The spoons are French and come from a company called Sabre Paris. They have gorgeous acrylic cutlery in many different colours, patterns and sizes.
  
The paints are from Farrow and Ball. I just picked a few of their blue colours.

The blue Japanese Garden washi tape is from lovely Lyndsey Haskell at What you Sow. She just had a write-up in the latest issue of Mollie Makes - issue twenty-three. Well done to Lyndsey!


The luggage tags are from Jane Means. She has them in almost every colour in the rainbow.

The large papier mache letter is covered with a wide washi tape - but I can't remember where I got it from.

The grey and light blue rolls of washi tape are all from the charming duo Dave and Lynn at Superlovely


I ended up using only a few things from the moodboard in the final images but it was fun putting together the board.



Have a wonderful flower filled day!

Thanks for your visit and for leaving comments.

I'll see you back here very soon.

xoxo Ingrid



[Styling and photography by Ingrid Henningsson for Of Spring and Summer.]

9 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

Goodness, I do so adore blue things. Anything blue, and this post is absolutely stunning. All shades of blue, so delightful. Hyacinths just sing spring! Those spoons are amazing!

Anonymous said...

So bright and pretty, Ingrid! And I've learned something new about hyacinths - thank you!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Lisa Gordon said...

My goodness, Ingrid, how do you ever come up with such beauty? Each time I visit, I am more amazed than the time before. What gorgeous blues these are, and as always, your styling is simply perfect.

I hope you've had a wonderful day, and I thank you for making mine so much more colorful.

xo.

littlebigbell said...

Hyacinths are one of my favourites too. I like the way you have composed your blue moodboard - it is so pretty. xx

Bare Mtn Farm said...

Beautiful blues!!!

Frances said...

Ingrid, thank you for this beautiful reminder that I have not yet bought any hyacinths for my apartment. I think it's because I am still enjoying the unfurling blossoms of my force paper white narcissus. Their scent is divine...not overpowering just lovely.

Thank you for the post about preparing cut flowers to prolong their lives. It was so helpful!

xo

Suzanne MacCrone Rogers • Italian Girl in Georgia™ said...

Beautiful blues! Thank you for sharing your beauty.

braunelle said...

I have never seen a hyacinth in this blue colour.
The spoons are wonderful.
Regards
Braunelle

www.wishywashi.com said...

this is amazingly beautiful!

~ Wishy Washi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...