15 April 2016

A Bunch for the Weekend - # 75 - Chrysanthemums and Alstroemeria



This week on 'A Bunch for the Weekend' we are taking a look at some pink and purple spray Chrysanthemums and light purple Alstroemeria. 


I made three hand-tied small bunches - wrapped the stems with purple raffia and put them in three glass containers. 


I started off making a hand-tied bunch mixing the flowers - but I was not happy with it so I took it apart and made three small ones instead. 

Just like carnations and dahlias - chrysanthemums often receives bad press. People often associate the flower with sad occasions like funerals - but I think it's largely undeserved. How can you not like this pretty flower?


Alstroemeria has trumpet-like flowers with interesting and distinct black markings - the colour also fades to yellow deep inside the flowers.

Remember to nip off any faded flowers to encourage fresh ones to bloom.

The only thing wrong with this flower is that the petals damage very easily - so handle with great care! 

You can probably spot a few purple tulips mixed in with the Alstroemeria. All part of me trying different ways to arrange these flowers. 


Both these flowers will last for a long time - sometimes up to three weeks. Talk about good value for money!


Enjoy your flower arranging and have a fabulous and floral Friday and a wonderful weekend!

I'll be be back soon with more floral delight from Of Spring and Summer.

Ingrid 

~ xoxo ~

For more floral inspiration follow me on:
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/ingrid.henningsson

1 comment:

Frances said...

I usually associate mums with autumn, but your lovely arrangements have got me realizing that spring suits them very well, too.

I appreciate the tips about the alstroemeria petals, and agree with you about how these two flowers truly are good value.

Happy weekend! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...