15 November 2013

Tea Party With Gardener's World Presenter Rachel de Thame and Clipper Teas


clipper-tea-sasha-wilkins

The Dorset based ethical tea company Clipper Teas are doing a series of very special afternoon tea parties and the next one will be hosted by Gardener's World and Chelsea Flower Show TV presenter Rachel de Thame


Clipper-tea-sasha-wilkins

In late October the style blogger Sacha Wilkins/Liberty London Girl held her party on a Regent's Canal barge and in January next year the top London florist Nikki Tibbles' tea party will be held in her own Notting Hill home. 

The three ladies known for their stunning interiors, blossoming gardens, enviable style credentials and stunning floral flair will personally host the unique tea parties in pretty surroundings. They will also share their design and style secrets from food to flowers reflecting their expertise and inspiration.


Clipper-tea-sasha-wilkins

Rachel's party will be held in the botanical heaven at Clifton Nurseries in London on the 28 November. A limited number of tickets are on sale for £25 each and 100% of the proceeds will go to the charity Contact the Elderly who are the only national charity solely dedicated to tackling loneliness and social isolation among the elderly through regular Sunday afternoon tea parties.

Clipper Teas contacted me and asked if I was interested in doing a blog post about Rachel's tea party and of course I was very happy to promote a charity helping the elderly.

I met Rachel fifteen years ago when we were both students at The English Gardening School based in Chelsea. A few years later I worked for her as a researcher on her book Top 100 Star Plants.

When I found out about that this lovely lady was hosting a tea Party at Cliftons Nurseries I didn't have to think twice about buying a ticket. 


Have a very lovely day!

See you soon again!

xoxo Ingrid



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, det kommer att bli fantastiskt! Vilken grej. Hoppas du berättar om hur det var...
Ha en riktigt skön helg,
Charlotta

Frances said...

Ingrid, if only I lived closer, I would love to attend one of these tea parties. Great fun...and also a great cause.

May I also tell you how much I enjoyed the prior post about how to use ornamental cabbage flowers. They've always intrigued me, and I might just bring some home from a visit to my own farmers market today.

xo

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Three unique teas being held, and for a worthwhile cause. I hope to read about the tea you attend here.

Janneke said...

Clifton Nurseries in London is still on my list to visit, but I am afraid not on Nov. 28th. Must be lovely these teaparties.

MILEX said...

beautiful

Lenas Trädgårdsrum said...

Vilken bra idé att kombinera glädjen med Tea party och belysa viktiga frågor och välgörenhet!
Tack för besöket hos mig :)
Trevlig Helg!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...